What Can I Donate to EBC?Your donations go immediately to local families struggling with job loss, homelessness, medical crisis, and poverty. Bringing EBC the clothes, toys or furniture that your child has outgrown is an easy way to recycle and help a deserving child. When you donate new or gently-used goods, you can be confident that they will be in the hands of a local child—at no cost to the family or to our qualified partner agencies—almost immediately.
Due to space constraints, we are NOT accepting cribs, toddler beds, bouncy chairs, bumbo seats, large outdoor toys or infant bath tubs at this time.
Items we accept
These are the items we need most:
- Winter Coats for boys & girls (sizes 5 - 14)
- XL maternity clothing
- Diaper cream
- Clothing for boys (sizes 6 - 14)
- Boy infant clothing (0 - 9 months)
- Shoes (especially boys, sizes 9 - 13 & sizes 3 and 4 adult)
- Medium socks for boys (shoe size: Child 9 - Youth 2)
- Disposable diapers, sizes Newborn, 5 & Pull-ups
Other current needs are:
- Socks, medium
- Bicycles (and helmets!)
- Baby Care books
- High chairs, bassinets, portacribs
- Toddler Beds
Other items we accept
Clothing for children, newborn to size 14
(especially sizes 5-14, for boys & girls)
Crib Mattresses - accepted as space allows
Small toys and books
Pack 'n' plays
Smaller Outdoor toys, April - Sept. only
Car seats manufactured in the last five years from today’s date
Items we cannot accept
While we are grateful for every donation you make to help local children thrive, our limited space as well as some safety concerns prevent us from accepting certain items.
EBC does not accept used car seats at any of our remote drop-off sites. We must inspect each seat to insure it will keep a child safe in the event of an accident. Therefore we ask that you bring your car seat donation to our Issaquah hub during our regular “donations accepted” hours.
EBC also cannot accept large toys. Not only do we want to make sure valuable Hub space will be available for ALL of the essentials, many of our clients are living in temporary housing and do not have the space for larger toys. If you have any questions regarding your donation, please don't hesitate to call us at 425-865-0234
We also cannot accept:
- Furniture, other than cribs, toddler beds, changing tables and toddler tables and chairs
- Drop-side cribs
- Cribs manufactured prior to 8 years from today's date
- Large outdoor basketball hoops
- Art desks
- Tool benches
- Stuffed animals longer than 12 inches
- Large easels
- Train tables
- Walkers with wheels
- Electric breast pumps
- Used Nipples and Pacifiers
- Outdoor toys (September through April)
- Adult clothing or children's clothing larger than size 14
- Ski boots, skis, snow boards
We reserve the right to decline any donation. Thank you!
Why we purchase some of the items we distribute:
Eastside Baby Corner helps hundreds of area kids each week, and that requires A LOT of stuff. Your donations of gently used and new children’s items provide MOST of what we give out, but, there are some goods that are so vital to the health and well-being of children that we can’t depend on donations alone. Your financial contributions help us responsibly purchase items such as car seats, cribs, diapers and formula, to supplement donations from the community.