Video by: EBC Volunteer Rachel Herbst
Volunteer at Eastside Baby Corner...change the life of a child.
Over 100 people volunteer at EBC each week! Our volunteers are people like you, your colleagues at work, your friends, and your children. They are people who want to share a wonderful service opportunity, and help make life better for others. As EBC founder Karen Ridlon says, "Everyone wants to make a difference, and EBC is a great way to help right now, right here, in your community."
We welcome families (children age 7 and up), community groups, high school or middle school students, companies, and individuals.
Interested in volunteering? Click here to sign up.
- Each volunteer under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult who will work directly with them for the entire shift.
- Children under age 7 may not volunteer at EBC for safety reasons
- If you would like to schedule a volunteer group, please click here to contact Madeline.
- If you need to record hours worked at EBC as community service hours, you must have your paperwork signed by an EBC supervisor on the day you volunteer.
More Ways to Help:
- Some local companies will match an employee's volunteer hours with a financial contribution. Check with your employer's human resource department to see if your company participates in volunteer matching.
Volunteering for 25 years:
The volunteers at EBC are a very dedicated group. Each year more than 2,500 volunteers contribute nearly 28,000 hours. A very special group of 80 volunteers, who we call our core volunteers come to the Hub every week and take responsibility for a specific area of the Hub. Many of the core volunteers have been with EBC for years, decades even. Three volunteers have been with EBC since the very beginning, 25 years! As we reach this quarter of a century milestone, we would like to thank Karen Ridlon, Mary Steele and Margo Shute for their extraordinary service.
Karen is EBC’s founder. She currently serves as (provider partner liaison) and as Executive Director Emeritus. Mary has been in charge of baby food and formula for 25 years. She also helps with toys. Margo is now one of the diaper divas. She is responsible for diaper inventory and ordering. Each of these ladies is invaluable to the EBC mission.
Thank you to these volunteers and all who give their time to helping kids thrive.Meet Our Board of Directors and Leadership