How we help
We are passionate about providing the absolute essentials for the most vulnerable children in our community. It isn't easy for a family to rebuild a life in crisis, but it is impossible without adequate food or diapers or warm clothes.
The immediate, tangible assistance kids and families receive through EBC provides the tools caregivers need to care for their family, and the essentials kids need to grow up healthy: formula, diapers, car seats, warm coats, clothes for growing kids, school supplies, or a laptop.
We help kids thrive by:
- helping children feel safe, secure and confident through nutrition, school-preparedness (books in every bag of clothes), health and safety items:
- alleviating toxic stress- long term stress can disrupt a child's developing brain - children experiencing crisis or poverty are at high risk for interrupted cognitive, emotional and physical development
- reducing neglect and abuse - it is hard to be a loving parent if you don't have a dry diaper for a fussing baby, or food for a hungry little one...we help by making sure family caregivers have what they need to care for their children
- giving immediate help: orders received on a Thursday are processed and ready for pick up the following Thursday..."To have such a resource to help meet families' basic needs is an amazing relief for families who are already going through so much!" Head Start Provider
- "helping the helpers"- unlike most other agencies, we dispense directly to qualified family-assistance provider partners, giving these professional what they need to help vulnerable kids and families. For a list of our current partners, please click here.
- reducing financial stress - we help prevent homelessness by taking away some of the recurring expenses that break budgets and push families off the edge.
- building community - at EBC, community members come together to care for each other, creating a healthier community for everyone
Eastside Baby Corner is committed to providing resources to all children in need, from birth to age twelve, regardless of their religious, ethnic or other affiliations.Theory of Change
Our Provider Partners:
“Helping the Helpers”—unlike most other agencies, we work directly with qualified social service providers, giving these professionals what they need to help vulnerable kids and families. At the end of 2019, there were 54 partner agencies are in our collaborative network. The social service providers from the agencies—case managers, nurses, teachers—order from an online catalog, picking up and delivering the completed orders to families each week.
EBC works with more than 175 sites housed within the partner agencies, including early learning programs, housing programs, case management/family support programs, services through schools, emergency assistance, maternal and infant healthy, medical services, as well as child welfare services, disability services, employment/education and food banks.
EBC’s partners work across the Central Puget Sound region and can access EBC’s services through Issaquah, Kenmore and Bremerton Hubs.