How we help
"To have such a resource to help meet family's basic needs is an amazing relief for families who are already going through so much!" -Head Start Provider
- We help children feel safe, secure, confident and ready to learn
- The tangible goods from EBC helps ease ongoing, severe stress for a child.
- Getting essential care goods from EBC can reduce neglect and abuse. It is hard to care for your child if you don't have a dry diaper for a fussing baby, or food for a hungry little one. We help by making sure family caregivers have what they need to take care of their children.
- EBC provides immediate help. Orders received from a teacher, nurse or social worker on a Thursday are ready to go to the family in one week.
- We "help the helpers." The customized orders for kids are dispensed to qualified partner providers. In this way, EBC supports the work of more than 50 other organizations. For a list of our current partners, please click here.
- Families have their financial stress reduced. Tangible help from EBC can prevent homelessness and another financial crisis. Families don't have to choose between buying diapers or paying for rent, food or medicine.
- We build community. At EBC, people come together to care for each other. Working together, we are creating a healthier community for everyone!
EBC Partner Agencies
Our Provider Partners:
“Helping the Helpers”—unlike most other agencies, we work directly with qualified social service providers, giving these professionals what they need to help vulnerable kids and families. At the end of 2019, there were 54 partner agencies are in our collaborative network. The social service providers from the agencies—case managers, nurses, teachers—order from an online catalog, picking up and delivering the completed orders to families each week.
EBC works with more than 175 sites housed within the partner agencies, including early learning programs, housing programs, case management/family support programs, services through schools, emergency assistance, maternal and infant healthy, medical services, as well as child welfare services, disability services, employment/education and food banks.
EBC’s partners work across the Central Puget Sound region and can access EBC’s services through Issaquah, Kenmore and Bremerton Hubs.