Donating to EBC
We are grateful for every donation you make to help children thrive. However, our limited space as well as safety concerns prevent us from accepting certain items.
All donations must be clean, in good condition, and have ALL parts. We reserve the right to not accept any donation based on quality or available space.
Protect the Kids
EBC follows best safety practices, including inspection of all donated transportation and sleep equipment. To keep children safe as they grow:
• EBC can only accept car seats manufactured 5 years or less from the donation date (e.g., a seat donated in July of 2020 must have been manufactured before June 2015).
• EBC can only accept Pack n’ Plays (any/all brands) manufactured AFTER February 19, 2014
• EBC can only accept cribs manufactured within the last 8 years – 2012 or later. All crib mattresses must be clean with no visible wear, tear, or holes. NO drop-side cribs are accepted.
• EBC can NOT accept any of the following items: Walkers with wheels, used nipples or pacifiers or those made in China, crib bumpers, open food or formula packages, flat fabric slings, sleep wedge, oral medication, toys with magnets, teethers containing gel or liquid, or made with wood, amber, marble or silicone.
Other Items not accepted:
• Toys bigger than a school backpack
• Adult Clothing, except for maternity
• Ski Equipment
• Electric breast pumps
• Furniture, Large Easels, Train Tables
• Stuffed animals longer than 12 inches
Most Needed Items
- Safety gates
- Potty chairs
- Hair products for natural hair
- Toys for 1 -2 year olds
- Packaged diapers
- Cans of formula
- Unopened packages of diaper wipes
- New clothes
- Used laptop computers
- New Tennis Shoes: Especially boy’s size 7 -12 and girl’s size 8 -1
Why we purchase some of the items we distribute:
Eastside Baby Corner helps hundreds of area kids each week, and that requires A LOT of stuff. Your donations of gently used and new children’s items provide MOST of what we give out, but, there are some goods that are so vital to the health and well-being of children that we can’t depend on donations alone. Your financial contributions help us responsibly purchase items such as car seats, cribs, diapers and formula, to supplement donations from the community.