What Can I Donate to EBC?We accept new or lightly used clothing, gear, supplies and toys for children, up to size 14 (and maternity wear). Your donations go immediately to local families struggling with job loss, homelessness, medical crisis, and poverty. Bringing EBC the clothes, toys or furniture that your child has outgrown is an easy way to recycle and help a deserving child. When you donate new or gently-used goods, you can be confident that they will be in the hands of a local child—at no cost to the family or to our qualified partner agencies—almost immediately.
We do not accept household appliances, tools, broken or damaged toys, adult clothing, other than maternity, and other goods not specifically for kids birth to age 12.
Our Most Needed Items:
- Baby Cereal
- New toys for two year old children
- Winter Clothes: especially pants for boys and girls, sizes 5 - 14
- Used laptops
- Hats and gloves (age 5 and up)
- Safety items (door handle covers, outlet covers, etc.)
- Hygiene: Shampoo, diaper cream, conditioner, deodorant
- Sippy cups
- Diapers: Size 5 and 6 and Pull-ups, size 4T / 5T
Other current needs are:
- Shoes (click here to view list of most - needed shoes)
- Full, Queen and King bedding - sheets and comforter
- Rain coats: sizes 5T - 10
- Nursing pads
- Bassinets, pack n' plays (manufactured after February 19, 2014)
- Strollers - full size and double strollers
Other items we accept
Clothing for children, newborn to size 14
(especially sizes 5-14, for boys & girls)
Crib Mattresses - accepted as space allows
Small toys and books
Pack 'n' plays
Smaller Outdoor toys, April - Sept. only
Cleaned car seats manufactured in the last five years from today’s date
Items we cannot accept
While we are grateful for every donation you make to help local children thrive, our limited space as well as some safety concerns prevent us from accepting certain items.
EBC does not accept used car seats at any of our remote drop-off sites. We must inspect each seat to insure it will keep a child safe in the event of an accident. Therefore we ask that you bring your car seat donation to our Issaquah hub during our regular “donations accepted” hours.
Protect the Kids - EBC follows best safety practices, including inspection of all donated transportation and sleep equipment. To keep children safe as they grow:
- EBC can only accept car seats manufactured 5 years or less from the donation date (e.g., a seat donated in August of 2019 must have been manufactured before August 2014).
- EBC can only accept Pack n' Plays (any/all brands) manufactured AFTER February 19, 2014
- EBC does not accept used car seats at any of our remote drop-of sites; used car seats are accepted only at EBC Hubs
We also cannot accept:
- Furniture, other than cribs, toddler beds, changing tables and toddler tables and chairs
- High Chairs
- Drop-side cribs
- Cribs manufactured prior to 8 years from today's date
- Large outdoor basketball hoops
- Art desks
- Tool benches
- Stuffed animals longer than 12 inches
- Large easels
- Train tables
- Walkers with wheels
- Electric breast pumps
- Used Nipples and Pacifiers
- Outdoor toys
- Adult clothing or children's clothing larger than size 14
- Ski boots, skis, snow boards
- Household appliances
- Glass or ceramic items
We reserve the right to decline any donation. Thank you!
Why we purchase some of the items we distribute:
Eastside Baby Corner helps hundreds of area kids each week, and that requires A LOT of stuff. Your donations of gently used and new children’s items provide MOST of what we give out, but, there are some goods that are so vital to the health and well-being of children that we can’t depend on donations alone. Your financial contributions help us responsibly purchase items such as car seats, cribs, diapers and formula, to supplement donations from the community.