Donating to EBC
We are grateful for every donation you make to help children thrive. However, our limited space as well as safety concerns prevent us from accepting certain items.
All donations must be clean, in good condition, and have ALL parts. We reserve the right to not accept any donation based on quality or available space.
Protect the Kids
EBC follows best safety practices, including inspection of all donated transportation and sleep equipment. To keep children safe as they grow:
• EBC can only accept car seats that are clean and within at least 1 full calendar year of expiration; the expiration date can be found in your owner's manual. EBC staff will confirm usability / expiration upon donation.
• Pack n' plays must be clean and manufactured after 2/19/2014
• Cribs must be clean with all hardware and manufactured within the last eight (8) years
• EBC can NOT accept any of the following items: Walkers with wheels, used nipples or pacifiers or those made in China, crib bumpers, open food or formula packages, flat fabric slings, sleep wedge, oral medication, toys with magnets, teethers containing gel or liquid, or made with wood, amber, marble or silicone.
Other Items not accepted:
• Toys bigger than a school backpack
• Adult Clothing, except for maternity
• Ski Equipment
• Electric breast pumps
• Furniture, Large Easels, Train Tables
• Stuffed animals longer than 12 inches
Most Needed Items
- Kid tables and chairs
- New & used toys for 1 and 2 year olds (boys & girls)
- Safety gates
- Potty chairs
- Hair products for curly / textured hair
- Packaged diapers
- Cans of formula
- Unopened packages of diaper wipes
- New clothes
- New Tennis Shoes: Especially boy’s size 7 - 12 and girl’s size 8 - 1
- Safety gates
Why we purchase some of the items we distribute:
Eastside Baby Corner helps hundreds of area kids each week, and that requires A LOT of stuff. Your donations of gently used and new children’s items provide MOST of what we give out, but, there are some goods that are so vital to the health and well-being of children that we can’t depend on donations alone. Your financial contributions help us responsibly purchase items such as car seats, cribs, diapers and formula, to supplement donations from the community.