April 6, 2020
We Are Here
Stay Home, Stay Healthy and EBC
Governor Inslee extended the “stay at home” order to May 4th. to slow down the community transmission of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. Under this order, EBC may continue to operate as an essential service under the Healthcare/Public Health exemption.
As an essential organization—and staying true to our values of service, dependability, and commitment to children and families-- EBC will continue to operate during the crisis, adjusting activities as necessary for the health of our volunteers, partners, staff, and community.
Under this order, EBC being open means:
• Agency partners may continue to order what the children and families participating in their program (s) need
• EBC will continue to fill orders weekly for kids, birth through age 12
• Please do not bring donations of used goods (except laptops) to any of the EBC Hub locations (Issaquah, Kenmore or Bremerton)
• To donate new goods or laptops, please email email@example.com or call 425.372.7527 to arrange a time to bring by your donation or order online here.
• Volunteering shifts for community members are closed during the Stay at Home time.
• The EBC Hubs will be operating with limited staff on site in order to maintain social distancing
You Are Needed More Than Ever!
You can still help kids, families and EBC!
The number of families who need basics to care for their children will be increasing as time goes by. Thousands of people, many of whom live paycheck to paycheck, are already losing their jobs or experiencing reduced hours in response to social distancing measures.
Please see our website for ideas on how to do a virtual drive or to build community (at a distance) through a virtual event.
Together, We Can Do This
• Advice and resources for taking care of ourselves can be found in this blog post from Best Starts for Kids, a King County initiative that supports EBC
• Public Health - Seattle & King County's COVID-19 resource page contains an array of data dashboards, translated public health guidance and additional information from Public Health on how to stay and keep others safe during this challenging time.
• The League of Education Voters' Basic Needs and Distance Learning by District page offers essential information by Puget Sound school district about acquiring school meals, internet & technology support, childcare, and distance learning.
• Have you completed your Census 2020 form? If not, this is the time to do complete it. The census is extremely important for allocation of representation and federal government support. See the letter mailed to your residence or click here to complete the 2020 Census.
• Financial help/unemployment resources for individuals: //www.kingcounty.gov/council/gethelp.aspx
• COVID-19 Eastside Mutual Aid support request: //docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdFzVouVJHJ2jRyrR90zDRr7iV-nPJZHjKBTKVYuobP29BZ5g/viewform
• COVID-19 Eastside Mutual Aid offer support volunteer form: //docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqoK6a4mmYc2tpVPVTDfq2EDjsSMDct8Am5duoCx44i-fIoQ/viewform