Organize a Collection Drive or Event
Many groups or individuals host community drives throughout the year in support of EBC. Collection drives or events are organized by Scout troops, community or faith-based groups, schools, companies, families and neighborhoods. The donations of clothing, diapers, baby goods, toys, books, food and more from drives keeps our shelves full of the absolute essentials that kids need to thrive. Please note that the last day that Collection Drives can drop off their drives is Thursday, December 13th, 2018.
Doing your own drive is easy! Here are a few hints on getting started:
Collection or Event? Ideas include:
- Collect children's clothing and goods at your school, business or in your neighborhood.
- Have a store-front drive for donations of formula, baby food, diapers, bottles, binkies and more...
- Set up an on-going "collection corner" at school, your office or place of worship.
- Host a fundraiser through a Facebook event
- Organize a giving tree during the winter holiday season. (Hint…check with us for most needed items…)
- Host an event, such as a bake or craft sale, a silent auction or performance and donate the proceeds to EBC.
Please contact us before you start your drive or event. To email us click here, or call 425.372.7533.
Ways YOU Can Help
Your organization can make a BIG difference in the lives of local children this giving season.
When we do things together, we can do so much more! You can give warmth, security, joy and delight to a child in need when you become an EBC Holiday Helper.
It’s easy and fun to give, whether you host a drive, volunteer, or give a gift.
What, When and How Long
- Let us know what you are doing and when, who is organizing the event or drive, how to contact you, and your anticipated delivery date of goods or funds to EBC.
- You can request flyers, brochures, donor envelopes, and/or other materials you may need.
- We can supply slide shows, access to a video or a volunteer from EBC to speak at your event.
Find a Location
Look for a store or school, church, civic organization, home or other location for your event or drive. (Hint: be sure to get all necessary permissions, and consider checking event calendars to avoid conflicts.)
Get the Word Out
Think about e-vites, emails, Facebook & Twitter, flyers, school or faith community bulletins and newsletters to reach out to friends, neighbors, co-workers, your school, civic or faith community.
- Send out flyers, and the suggested wish list
- Consider a kick-off event for your drive
- Name your drive! A name that ties together your school or group and EBC will help to publize the drive
Bring the collected donations to EBC at your pre-arranged delivery time.
For help with your drive or event, click here to e-mail us, or call 425.372.7533.
EBC values all contributions.